Essential Fatty Acids
Did you know that some fats are very important to our bodies? These fats, including Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids, offer many health benefits to our bodies, brains and well being. Learn more about Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids below!
Omega 3's and Omega 6's
• Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s are polyunsaturated fats that provide essential nutrients.
• Considered essential nutrients because our bodies do not produce these nutrients, there for they must be obtained from our diets.
• Have many health benefits including protection from arthritis, cancer, stroke and heart disease.
Why are they important to mental health?
• Essential to brain structure and functioning - 20% of our brain structure is made up of Omega-3 and Omega-6!
• Good Mood Food - Omega-3’s & 6’s help prevent depression.
• Important for memory and concentration.
How to get these nutrients:
• Fish, kale and other green vegetables are good sources of Omega-3 fatty acids.
• Omega-6 fatty acids are found in chicken,
vegetable oils, nuts and avocados.